Granite Countertop Warranty
Granite & Marble Specialties, Inc., located at 18640 68th Ave S, Kent WA 98032, as an installer of granite countertops does hereby warrant each granite countertop installation for workmanship performed by Granite & Marble Specialties, Inc. for a period of 25 years from the date of original installation. Granite is a natural product and as such is not covered by this or any other warranty. Defects that are determined by Granite & Marble Specialties, Inc. to be due to workmanship by Granite & Marble Specialties, Inc. will be repaired or replaced at no expense to the purchaser. This warranty does not extend to cover associated expenses such as plumbing, electrical, cabinetry, flooring, walls or any other costs that may be incurred in the repair or replacement of an item covered by this warranty.
Additional Information for Granite Customers
Granite is a natural stone product; therefore, there will be natural imperfections. These imperfections are natural and are in no way flaws in the material. Colors and patterns will vary from bundle to bundle, and to some degree from slab to slab. The surface of granite is not totally smooth ‐ there are pits, fissures, and gaps. These cannot be polished out, as it is the natural state of the stone. Granite seams are inevitable on some jobs. Seam placement is based on many factors, including, but not limited to, slab length, cabinet support, and appliance compatibility. All seams are slightly beveled and filled with a silicone caulk chosen to match the granite color as closely as possible. Seam width varies from job to job and is affected by many factors.
Your granite countertops were sealed prior to installation and should be considered a temporary barrier, allowing time to wipe up spills before they can cause stains. All natural stone is porous and must be sealed at least once a year.
Some stones are more porous than others. This is not a defect of the stone; it is a natural characteristic.
If the stone selected is a lighter color, it may need to be sealed as often as every six months. Stone sealers are available at Granite & Marble Specialties, Inc. If you have further questions regarding sealers or the sealing process, feel free to contact your sales representative.
Care and Maintenance of Natural Stone Countertops
- Clean all surfaces with warm water and mild detergent or stone soap.
- Rinse and dry surfaces after cleaning.
- Blot up spills immediately.
- Reapply water based stone sealer to surface every 6‐12 months.
- Do not use abrasive cleansers like Comet, Ajax, or Soft Scrub.
- Do not use cleansers that contain acid such as bathroom cleansers, grout cleansers, or tub & tile cleansers.
- Do not use cleansers that contain vinegar, lemon juice, or ammonia.
- Do not cut directly on stone countertops; always use a cutting board.
- Do not put hot pots and pans directly on stone countertops; always use a trivet or hot pad.
- Do not sit or stand on stone countertops.